Trinity Health Prenatal Instructor - Weekends in Ypsilanti, Michigan
St Joseph Mercy Health welcomes you to join us!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System has a long tradition of caring for women and children. Our Relationship Centered Care Model provides holistic care for the entire family.
We strive to make your experience with us remarkable. Our services have been created in collaboration with families to meet your needs and provide you with the education and skills to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
From birth through mature adulthood, we offer services and programs throughout your lifespan
As a Prenatal Program Instructor, under limited supervision, provides education services in the community, work sites, and SJMHS facilities as sponsored and arranged by the Perinatal Education Department of SJMHS.
What You Will Do:
- Provides education services in a friendly, professional and well organized manner.
- Comes to class prepared and on time. Covers expected class content.
- Uses visual aids effectively for curriculum material.
- Lead group classes and adapt to all levels. Must be customer service oriented and possess good communication skills and enthusiasm. Ability to communicate with other team members.
- Assures confidentiality of information to all participants in learning sessions
- Represents SJMAA by dressing professionally, wears badge, is timely and reflects our Mission, Vision and Values.
- Provides feedback to leadership regarding program operation, design, and modifications as needed. Initiates communication of program and participant needs such as AV, teaching materials, pamphlets, brochures, or copying of handouts for participant packets
- Actively supports promotional efforts of educational curriculum offerings. Assists in program evaluation and identification of future program needs.
- Assists in new instructor employee orientation. Coaches new instructors on skill development.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
What You Will Need:
- Formal education/certification/licensure or training directly relevant to perinatal education.
- Experience and/or training in the delivery of perinatal education or care delivery.
- RN Preferred
Job Number: 00083277
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Women's Health Center
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift