IBM Software Engineer for Quantum Systems (Yorktown Heights NY) in YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, New York
IBM and IBM Research has been the leader in many innovative technologies over the years. We are now primed to define the future of technology for many years to come specifically around the world of Quantum Computing.
IBM Q (Quantum Computing) is seeking a Database Developer capable of working with modern database technologies to set up the infrastructure required to support our internal data analytics efforts. The candidate needs to work with various teams in IBM Q to integrate multiple data sources. The role offers opportunity for the candidate to get involved in data analytics as well.
We are looking for an experienced database developer to join the IBM Q Development team and closely collaborate with the Product Management and Design teams. Projects may include building, improving, and maintaining our data infrastructure, migrating databases from one technology to another, create replicas, setting up business analysis tools, and ideally creating dashboards.
The ideal candidate will have experience with modern database technologies. Experience with working in a startup is preferred. The candidate must also be able to work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, developers, engineers, product managers and designers.
Since you can’t work at IBM Q and not learn Qiskit, our quantum computing software framework, you’ll be able to join in Qiskit community events if you want to.
Own all IBM Q databases and the infrastructure necessary for internal data analytics
Work with Product Management and Design on our data analytics roadmap
Collaborate with research & engineering leaders and product owners as a trusted partner
This position is located in Yorktown Heights, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field• Experience in databases (structured and unstructured), such as MongoDB and its aggregation system (e.g., to gets stats in an optimized way), PostgreSQL, and MySQL• Experience with replicas of databases in real time for MongoDB
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• MSc or PhD in Computer Science, or related technical fields
• Knowledge of front-end technologies is welcome, to make our data accessible to the team (vue.js)
• Advanced skill level in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
• Working with multiple stakeholders in the organization and facilitating decision making
• Contributions in developer communities
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs