United Technologies Corporation Associate Director, Advance Manufacturing in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01333464
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position manages a department that includes multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Liaises with stakeholders, oversees project management, analyzes system requirements, recommends improvement plans, monitors EH&S training implementation, and provides technical leadership and mentoring.
• Oversees teams with focus on policy and establishes leadership and managerial direction forelectrical and electronic engineering activities to achieve and maintain organization’s objectives.
• Attends EH&S training and meetings, oversees and monitors EH&S training implementation status to build capabilities and achieve and maintain that EH&S requirements are understood and adhered to.
• Liaises and communicates with engineers, other departments, divisions, consultants, customers, vendors or others to discuss existing and potential engineering projects or products.
• Establishes policies and processes and oversees the mentoring and coordination of and provides technical leadership for the Electrical and Electronic Engineering function to increase its effectiveness and achieve and maintain business objectives.
• Establishes policies and processes and defines methods for identification of risk within business and recommends improvement plans to control risk.
• Oversees project management, capital planning and project execution to achieve and maintain that projects are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals.
• Represents the organization at major and important conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
• Develops processes and methods for and analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of projects and develop system plans.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
• Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
• Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
• Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
• Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
• Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
Bachelor's or Advanced Degree with a focus in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering desired
Engineering, Operations, and/or Manufacturing experience preferred
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation Jobs