Universal Forest Products Quality Control in White Pigeon, Michigan
- Minimum high school diploma/GED
- Minimum 6 months of experience in production or related area
- Basic knowledge of products and production processes
- Knowledge of use of measuring devices including tape measure to 1/32" and digital calipers
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as drawings
- Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer, and calculator
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Quality conscious
- Looks for ways to improve quality, safety, and productivity
- Team player and supports the Company's goals
- Positive attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Follows established procedures and communicates issues verbally and in writing
- Eagerness to learn
Punctual and reliable
Completes all required inspections at various points of the manufacturing process including receiving, production (cutting, assembly, etc), packaging, storage, and shipping.
- Records measurements and other critical data in appropriate manner.
- Identifies acceptable tolerances according to prints and other documents and ensures operations remain within acceptable tolerances.
- Stops production and/or other operations and notifies proper personnel and management upon discovery of non-conformances.
- Assists in investigation of all quality issues and/or occurrences, and ensures that corrective measures are implemented.
- Prepares various reports and correspondence as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled