Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer Associate - Manufacturing (666360 ) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer Associate - Manufacturing
As a Manufacturing Engineer Associate support Tactical RF aperture products in an aerospace environment:
What You'll Do:
- Provide manufacturing engineering support for RF antenna, RF electronics, and / or electro-optical products in a low volume / high product mix work cell environment.
- Perform task-driven program and / or process related action items under the guidance of more senior engineers.
- Contribute to generation of manufacturing schedules that meet program schedule milestones
- Actively participate in continuous improvement (Lean and 6-Sigma) projects including Kaisen events and potentially simulation / modeling activities.
- Work independently or in a team environment to resolve program issues using data- based root cause analysis; diligently applies firm corrective actions.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize information, job tasks, and manage time for most efficient and “best value” performance. Establishes personal objectives; sets expectations of self that are aligned with organizational and departmental goals
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures and processes conform to Quality Business System (QBS) and/or contract requirements for quality and performance.
- Review drawings, procedures and engineering orders for completeness. Implement engineering changes and incorporate corrective action.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing build instructions using the company Manufacturing Execution System (MES) tools and processes
- Maintain and control production tooling in accordance with QBS requirements. Design and / or communicate tool design needs to tool design engineers.
- Contribute to and / or present technical data in support of production readiness reviews or program status reviews with program managers and customers.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including design development/test engineering, quality assurance, Supply Chain Management, process labs and outside suppliers. Maintains excellent rapport with internal / external customers.
- Maintain required records and reports in accordance with QBS requirements.
- Understand and competently use in-house business systems including Manufacturing Execution System, manufacturing shop floor control, internal status reporting, and product data management system.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Engineer Associate - Manufacturing (666360 )
Job ID: 666360
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time