Perspecta Cyber Data Science Engineer I in Westfields, Virginia
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The program provides Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) core and non-core support in the areas of Cyber Security and Management to improve the Information Assurance (IA) posture of a National customer. The contracts Core Capabilities are: IA Management, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) coordination and reporting, Risk Management Framework (RMF) application, IA compliance measurements and metrics, Assessment and Authorization (A&A), Vulnerability Management, and Cyber Defense support.
The Cyber Data Science Engineer I provides support to the customer in the area of Cyber Security. Daily Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Support Designated Authorizing Official Representative (DAO-R) in compliance decisions by analyzing data sets found in the customer's vulnerability scanning, authorization and configuration management tools
• Import and transform data into usable sets for analysis tools used by the customer (e.g. Tableau, etc.)
• Provide analysis and graphical presentations of collected metrics for IA compliance status reporting
• Provide analysis of asset on-boarding into customer's enterprise vulnerability and compliance tools (e.g. XACTA, HBSS, etc.)
• Support legacy visualization and situational awareness tools based on Microsoft Excel
• Requires 0 to 2 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years no degree.
• Current U.S. Government Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
• Favorably adjudicated Polygraph
• DoD 8570 certification in IAT or IAM
• Strong analytic and risk management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Hands-on working knowledge of Excel and other database applications
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel formulas, functions and macro scripting
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Experience with Relational Database Management System (RDMS)
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Infogram, Chartbloks)
• Experience with data transformation (structured data format/schema transformation) using common programming tools (e.g. Python, JSON, etc.)
• Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or an advanced IA certification (i.e. CISSP or CASP)Experience briefing senior customer personnel
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
• Familiarity with the RMF process
• Experience with XACTA
• Experience with Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop Distributed File System
• Experience with Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
Submit employee referral
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?for general consideration.
Req # 2019-53935
Category Information Technology
# of Openings 1
Job Location US-Westfields-VA
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
- Perspecta Jobs