Trinity Health Central Internal Referral Scheduler-- Riverbend Westfield-- PER DIEM in Westfield, Massachusetts
The Central Scheduler is responsible to function as an onsite resource who will directly book appointments for patients with THOfNE Primary and Specialty providers. The primary responsibility of this role is to serve as the THOfNE Concierge dedicated to the ER and Inpatient Units, ensuring that patients are scheduled with a THOfNE provider upon discharge from St. Mary’s Hospital/ED. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responding to requests in a timely manner, ensuring patient’s demographics are correct and up to date, informing the provider’s office that an appointment has been made, and ensuring the patient has all required appointment information and is aware of the office appointment policy. The Central Scheduler will treat our patients as ‘Welcomed Guest’ and give them a full ‘Circle of Excellence’ Experience.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Greets patients/visitors in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner.
- Responds to request in a timely, pleasant and professional manner.
- Schedules patient appointments for the practice.
- Maintains voice mail.
- Confirms patient’s demographics.
- Acknowledges patients, families, visitors, co-workers, medical professionals and the public with a friendly greeting throughout the day.
- Practices the System’s values and core behaviors: Integrity, Caring, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Performs related duties as required including being utilized in other departments.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Credentials and Abilities
- Familiarity with medical terminology required.
- Must possess competent writing and editing skills, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Must have basic competency in mathematics.
- Proficient using Microsoft Windows applications including MS Outlook, Excel and Word is required.
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills required.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as fax machines, calculators and copiers.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with frequent interruption is required.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and the ability to communicate and listen effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Training
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College coursework in the secretarial or medical sciences preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience working in a physician’s office required, preferably in a similar capacity.
- Must be well organized, communicate clearly and maintain a calm and professionals manner.
Job Number: 00176925
Location: Westfield, MA
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: SPMA - RMG Westfield
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift