Trinity Health Surgical Technician First Assistant - Inpatient Surgery - Mount Carmel St. Ann's in Westerville, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Our Surgical Technician colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
The Surgical Technician First Assistant, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, will provide patient care, in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Functions within the standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines of the Organization. Under RN’s direction, sets up and maintains the surgical field and assists the surgeon during operative procedures.
- Assists in meeting goals and initiatives for surgery department; such as, but not limited to room turnover and first-case on-time starts.
- Assists in training/orientation of associates as directed by the Clinical Educator.
- Safe Practice: Maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Maintains sterile techniques.
High school graduate or equivalent
Graduate of a Certified First Assistant (CFA) program through the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology (ARC-ST) OR the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) preferred.
Licensure / Certification:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Certified First Assistant (CFA) certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) OR National Surgical Assistant Association or American Board of Surgical Assistants
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Job Number: 00081214
Location: Westerville, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel St. Ann's
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift