Trinity Health Radiology RN Specialist - Mount Carmel St. Ann's - Full-time - Day Shift in Westerville, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve. Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the RN Specialist within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
The RN Specialist oversees and coordinates nursing care for the patients in the Department Of Radiology.
- Responsibilities include assessing and identifying patient needs, implementing appropriate intervention, and evaluating and documenting outcomes.
- Acts as a liaison between Patient Care Services and the Department of Radiology Services.
- Assists physicians / technologists as required during diagnostic / therapeutic procedures.
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: Graduate from school of nursing
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio is required
- Experience: A minimum of two years medical / surgical experience. Critical care experience preferred or Radiology RN certification
- Effective Communication Skills
- Current CPR certification required. ACLS required within 3 months of hire date
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of nursing and the ability to apply new skills and techniques, with ability to make decisions under stress and critical situations
- Able to perform professional duties with minimal supervision.
- Exhibits each of the Mount Carmel Service Excellence Behavior Standards holding self and others accountable and role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- (For patient care providers)Provides nursing care, ensures an environment of patient safety, promotes evidence-based practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®.
- Nursing Process
- Assesses and evaluates patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence based practice. Collaborates with patient and family to develop and implement a plan of care that includes physical, spiritual, and educational components.
- Communication: accurately communicates to appropriate team members in a timely manner; keeps patient/family appraised/updated.
- Documentation: documents accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and or guidelines.
- Delegation: assumes responsibility and accountability for care provided and documented by other licensed and unlicensed care givers as appropriate.
- Technology: Utilizes appropriately and demonstrates continuous learning
Other Job Responsibilities
- Assists in the orientation of new staff (nursing, technologists, and patient transporters)
- Evaluates standards of patient care in Radiology Department
- Functions as a patient advocate
- Maintains inventory of medication in collaboration with Department of Pharmacy.
- Participates in On-Call coverage as applicable
- Attends in-service programs and departments meetings
- Follows guidelines for Radiation Safety as outlined in MCHS Radiation Safety Policy Manual
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing
- All other duties as assigned
Job Number: 00115694
Location: Westerville, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel St. Ann's
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift