Trinity Health Physical Therapist (PT) - Casual - Mount Carmel St. Ann's in Westerville, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve. Our Physical Therapist colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for evaluating and treats patients referred for physical therapy by a physician. In addition, the Physical Therapist communicates and collaborates with other caregivers to provide quality care and maintains accurate patient records.
- Performs physical therapy evaluation, establishes and implements treatment plan for patients referred by a physician and assigned by the clinical coordinator or manager.
- Documents accurately patient evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge records.
- Delegates appropriate treatment procedures to the Physical Therapist Assistant and reviews and co-signs their documentation.
- Communicates with appropriate health care providers on matters concerning patient treatment, continuity of care, and discharge planning.
- Coordinates the scheduling of assigned patients with other therapists and assistants and with other departments, as needed.
- Records daily treatment on charge card and performs computer charging on system, when necessary.
- Reports any unusual situations or problems to direct supervisor.
- Supervises and evaluates affiliating students as assigned.
- Oversees licensed and unlicensed staff as assigned.
- Maintains department readiness, i.e., supplies, linen, and equipment cleaning.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and contributes to development of new programs/protocols.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice physical therapy (PT) in the State of Ohio; Maintains yearly FIM certification (Inpatient Rehab Unit only)
- Experience: One year experience preferred
- Ability to make decisions and utilize good judgment concerning patient evaluation and treatment
- Ability to function in a professional capacity with minimal supervision
- Physically able to perform strenuous activities, such as lifting and transferring patients
- Must hold a valid Ohio driver’s license
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Job Number: 00106564
Location: Westerville, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - MOB (St. Ann's Campus)
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift