Trinity Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - Casual - Mount Carmel St. Ann's in Westerville, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) performs patient treatment under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist. The Physical Therapist Assistant communicates and collaborates with other caregivers to provide quality care and maintains accurate patient records.
- Performs patient treatment as delegated by a licensed physical therapist.
- Documents patient progress and communicates with appropriate health care providers on matters concerning patient treatment, continuity of care, and discharge planning.
- Records daily treatment on charge cards and enters charges into computer when necessary.
- Coordinates the scheduling of assigned patients in cooperation with other departments as needed.
- Oversees and evaluates affiliating students as assigned.
- Reports any unusual circumstances or incidents to Clinical Coordinator or physical therapist.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and contributes to development of new programs/protocols.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program
- Licensure / Certification: Licensed in the state of Ohio to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Experience: One year preferred
- Ability to make sound decisions and utilize good judgment
- Must be physically able to perform strenuous activity such as lifting and transferring patients
- Holds valid Ohio driver's license
- Maintains annual FIM certification (MCW Inpatient Rehab Unit only).
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Job Number: 00121412
Location: Westerville, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel St. Ann's
Employment Type: Part time