Trinity Health Scheduler - Per Diem in West Springfield, Massachusetts
Mercy LIFE is seeking a Scheduler for its location in West Springfield, Massachusetts. Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today’s fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
The primary purpose of your job position is to coordinate and schedule external appointments for all participants at the PACE Organization (PO). The scheduler will prepare schedules according to the participant needs and the participant's care plan designed by the interdisciplinary team. Works closely with the transportation department, participants, caregivers, and center staff.
Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or appropriate by management.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Health PACE (TH PACE) in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) TH PACE Values to all internal and external customers (Participants, visitors, volunteers, and colleagues.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the office.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TH PACE.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors. Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
- Promote and maintain collaborative relationships with managers, peers, and customers by effectively fostering a team environment, building consensus and resolving conflicts.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TH PACE Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- In light of a disaster will know your disaster recovery, crisis management and business continuity plans and act within your role that is developed within the business continuity plan. Which may include working at another location, remotely from home, and maintaining constant contact with key personnel.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed.
- Maintains complete and accurate participant schedules, including the amount, frequency, and duration of service that has been identified in the plan of care. Notifies appropriate manager when requests for scheduling changes are received that require a physician's order.
- Record all scheduling changes, updates, and deletions on the schedule daily. Respond promptly to participant referrals, oversee service delivery, and monitor participant satisfaction.
- Effectively and accurately coordinate and communicate with all departments within the PACE Organization that are involved with the participant appointments.
- Work closely with clinical leaders to ensure accuracy of all information and to ensure accuracy of all information and to ensure that participant education has been completed by nursing prior to appointments.
- Use the electronic scheduling system (if applicable); schedule Aides services as determined by the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and as assigned by the Nursing leader.
- Track and assure all agency personnel have been appropriately trained; obtain all medical clearances from the agency as required by Federal Regulations, prior to caring for PACE Organization participants.
- In the absence of the manager, review agency invoices for accuracy of billed agency hours and forwards onto the Nursing leader for approval, if applicable.
- Create TruChart authorization, transportation appointment, escort appointment, etc.
- Call participant/caregivers and remind them of the next day appointment.
Job Number: 00195786
Location: West Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Trinity Health PACE
Facility: SPMA - Hillside Prov
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift