Trinity Health LPN Mercy Life PACE Per Diem as needed in West Springfield, Massachusetts
Facility: Mercy LIFE As part of the Interdisciplinary Team, assesses and monitors participants’ health status, provides nursing care, administers prescribed medications, educates and counsels participants and families, in collaboration with primary care physician and other team members. Informs the Interdisciplinary Team of the medical, functional, and psychosocial condition of each participant, remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, caregivers, as well as documenting changes in a participant’s medical record consistent with documentation policies established by the medical director. Although this job description is intended to be as complete as possible omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the task is similar, related, or is a logical assignment of the position.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Demonstrates, promotes, and integrates the Mercy LIFE Mission and core values by:
- Under direction of the Clinic Supervisor, assists in the treatment, examination and testing of participants. Observes, records and reports participant’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Implements the orders written by the primary care physician. Notifies the physician of any marked change in the participant’s condition.
- Assists in the treatment, examination and testing of participants. Observes, records and reports participant’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Working with Clinic Supervisor, oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to participants in emergency situations. Provides emergency care as needed, including communicating to other team members when emergent appointments are needed.
- Schedules outside and home appointments for participants when necessary.
- Instructs and educates participants and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains and reviews participant records, charts, and other pertinent information. Documents test and examination results. Documents encounters in participant records as indicated, including evaluations, care plans, family meetings and progress notes according to Mercy LIFE policy. Fills out incident reports and completes follow-up as necessary.
- Provides services requiring substantial knowledge and skills in accordance with the POC and accepted standards of professional practice.
- Provides on-call coverage on a rotating basis with other staff to troubleshoot, to advise, and to coordinate participant care.
- Provides supportive and restorative nursing care to participants as ordered, reevaluating their plan of care and health status on an on-going basis. Provides health counseling to participants and their families on an individual or group basis as needed.
- Makes home visits as needed.
- Provides Clinic coverage as needed.
*REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:*
- Education - Graduate of a state accredited hospital or collegiate nursing program. Licensed Practical Nurse currently licensed in the state of Massachusetts.
- Experience - Familiarity of current medical/nursing trends and practices. Two (2) years’ experience, including one (1) year working with the frail or elderly required.
- Specialized Skills - Must have excellent assessment skills. Experience in interdisciplinary care planning conferences beneficial. Must possess good leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills and be able to interact with staff, family, participants and other disciplines involved in care.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be physically able to perform assessments on residents in sitting, lying and standing positions. Must be able to lift greater than fifty pounds. Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Will be exposed to varying temperatures and humidity levels. Will be primarily indoors in a well-lighted and ventilated area.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, needles and body fluids.
- Reports to the Clinic Manager.
- Has no responsibility for the direct supervision of any other employees.
Job Number: 00143180
Location: West Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center
Facility: SPMA - Hillside Prov
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift