IBM Vmware Specialist in WEST PENNANT HILLS, Australia
This role requires working from the client premises as required, which is based in Kogarah.
This position is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of production and nonproduction VMware infrastructure, applications, systems, and tools to deliver innovative cloud solutions from Public, Private and Desktop Cloud offerings.
This will involve developing detailed recommendations for business areas, management, architectural design, strategic planning and implementation.
Daily tasks include but are not limited to troubleshooting and resolving issues, monitoring and tracking, configuring VM infrastructure, upgrading, auditing, consulting with other departments to resolve systems issues and analyzing and recommending system changes.
Further details of responsibilities can be provided upon enquiry.
• VMware certification VCP -6
• Minimum of five years of experience in technology solutions (i.e. network, administration, security essentials, desktop & server administration, application configuration & administration, application development), including administering Windows Servers in an enterprise environment.
• Minimum of five years experience with different versions VMware and/or Virtual Desktop technology with at least two years experience administering VMware 6.x in a large enterprise environment.
• Strong experience with Install, configure, upgrade and maintenance of Cisco UCS Compute Stack including Blades, Rack mount servers, FI.
• Experience utilizing other types of enterprise level virtualization technologies
• Experience with using scripting tools such as VBscript and Powershell
• Strong experience with tools such as Process Monitor, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and other server monitoring tools to troubleshoot server software as well as network issues
• Developing proposals for management with strong Agile project management & planning skills
• Able to manage program level activities by developing and executing against a strategic program charter
• Process improvement skills
• Solid negotiation skills.
• Strong sense of urgency
• Team player with positive work attitude
• Self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision
• Citrix Netscaler skills will be advantageous, and Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp skills and knowledge.
• Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server Administration certification
• Knowledge of Hyper converged infrastructure i.e vSan or Cisco Hyperflex
• VMware NSX skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of SQL 2016 Always on cluster
• Knowledge of externally attached NAS storage technologies
# Skill Minimum skill level required
1 VMware Sys Admin 5
2 Problem Solving 4
3 Enterprise Backup Solutions 3
4 Enterprise Storage 3
5 VMware ESXi and vCentre Patching/Upgrade concepts 5
6 Windows Operating System 4
7 Microsoft SQL or Postgres SQL 3
8 Networking 3
# Skill Minimum skill level required
1 Written & Verbal Communication 4
2 Documentation 4
3 Teaming in virtualised team setting 5
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs