Ingersoll Rand TRANE - HVAC Technician - West Palm Beach, FL in WEST PALM BEACH, Florida
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This role is the primary service andmaintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane customers in a defined market witha diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process ManufacturingFacilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will becommissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in acommercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilizeyour knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanicallayouts. This position affords you the opportunity to work with internal andexternal partners ranging from new facility set ups to existing facility retrofits. Ingersoll Rand/Trane affords you the opportunity to work directly for aleading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newesttechnology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity forgrowth. In this position you will establish & maintain apositive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effectiveoral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face toface. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventativemaintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests includingreplacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requestedby customers. Communicating with customers and/or Project Managersregarding inspection/service findings is required.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving ormultiple
smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WEST PALM BEACH-Florida
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Mar 21, 2019, 4:30:25 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Ingersoll Rand Jobs