Trinity Health Unit Manager RN - Saint Mary Home in West Hartford, Connecticut
The Nurse Manager is empowered and accountable for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that staff promotes and delivers a level of care that meets or exceeds our residents’ expectations. The Nurse Manager will direct and coordinate the care delivery so as to assure that all resident healthcare needs, including social and emotional needs, are met utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Although this job description is intended to be as complete as possible, omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. Functions which are considered to be non-essential to the position are preceded by an (*) asterisk.
- Education – Graduate of a state accredited hospital or collegiate nursing program.
Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred. Registered professional nurse currently licensed in the State of Connecticut.
- Experience – Requires knowledge of nursing process to implement individual care plans
and awareness/familiarity of current medical/nursing trends and practices.
- Equipment – Resident related within the scope and license of nursing.
- Specialized Skills – Must have excellent assessment skills. Must be familiar with OBRA and JCAHO requirements. Experience in interdisciplinary care planning conferences beneficial. Must possess good leadership and interpersonal skills and be able to interact with staff, family, residents and other disciplines involved in resident care.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Number: 00122089
Location: West Hartford, CT
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Saint Mary Home
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift