Trinity Health Director of Pastoral Care in West Hartford, Connecticut
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President for Mission Services and Compliance, the Director of Pastoral Care oversees and ensures the provision of pastoral care to patients/residents, their loved ones, and as appropriate, to staff. The Director assumes leadership in the planning and implementation of all religious and spiritual activities, develops in-service programs for staff, and visits, counsels, and ministers to residents, staff and family members. The Director contributes to the education and training as appropriate. fn collaboration with the Chaplain and Pastoral Associate(s), the Director provides a caring presence to residents, patients and the families; listening and supporting them during challenging times. As an integral member of the inter disciplinary team, the Director participates in committees, as required.
- Demonstrates, promotes and integrates the mission of Mercy Community Health and its
core values in daily work activities
- Actively participates in the Spirit at Work, Culture of Inclusion, Values in Practice, and Compassionate Companions initiatives.
- Ensures the delivery of a complete pro!:J,Tam of pastoral care to patients/residents, their loved ones and staff of all faith traditions.
- Actively participates in the delivery of pastoral care.
- Ensures that all requests for pastoral care are respondedto in a timelymanner. o Ensures that spiritual assessments are completed for all patients/residents.
- Ensures that appropriate worship opportunities arc provided. o Ensures that ritual and sacramental needs are met.
- Identifies and assists transporting residents/patients to religious services/programs.
- Coordinates clergy, pastoral visitors, and volunteers from the community .
- Arranges faith-based services to meet religious and spiritual needs of residents and patients.
Orients to policies and procedures that affect their visiting.
Provides resources including patient lists accord ing to Mercy Community Health policy.
- Provides liaison with pertinent staff.
- Is available to provide compassionate and respectful support to patients, residents and staff in the form of counseling.
- Although the need is infrequent, responds to emergency calls for pastoral service for residents (evenings, weekends).
- Responds promptly to all referrals from the nursing staff so that the need is met and the concept of teamwork is upheld.
- Assists families and friends of patients and residents in grief and crisis situations and makes their ministry a priori ty at that time.
Job Number: 00124720
Location: West Hartford, CT
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Saint Mary Home
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift