American Equity Internal Marketing Specialist - Marketing Services (Marketing Support Team) in West Des Moines, Iowa
Internal Marketing Specialist - Marketing Services (Marketing Support Team)
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for serving as a resource to advisors, NMO/IMO, and Broker Dealers in matters relating to American Equity’s products and procedures. Individuals will play a key role in building a relationship with the advisors by providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Primary job is handling inbound calls in a call center environment while assisting advisors, NMO/IMOs, and Broker Dealers with case design, quotes, supply orders, product mechanics, and American Equity procedures.
• Provides proactive service to the advisor and makes sure they are up-to-date in regards to any procedure or product changes.
• Helps advisors navigate through the American Equity website, and other software programs, for example, ReadyApp, Imagisoft, and Pivit.
• Have the ability to run and communicate results of basic illustrations to the advisors.
• Prepares application packets and marketing materials to support the advisors with any potential business.
• Provide product support to the field as it relates to competitive intelligence.
• Will be assigned a territory, and work with Regional and Field Marketing team focusing on making outgoing calls to advisors.
• Work with Regionals and Field Marketing Team to help drive more business to American Equity, and provide additional assistance as needed.
• Must meet the call metric expectations as outlined in the Internal Marketing Specialist grid.
• Provides advisor feedback via monthly reports.
None required for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (BA); or Associate’s degree (A.A.); or 12 months or more of related experience in call center environment.
• Knowledge of principles of superior customer service and telephone skills.
• Knowledge of computer applications and software, including the Microsoft Office Products, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
• Ability to write business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from advisor or internal employees.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain company attendance, punctuality and dependability standards as stated in the company handbook.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees within the company.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Specific job duties affected by these environmental conditions include the ability to talk with advisors over the phone in close proximity to others talking on the phone.
• Position requires being able to multi-task – send emails, supply orders, provide illustrations – all while providing best in class service.
• Must be comfortable interacting with advisors when they come to the home office, and when traveling on company business, and must be able to talk in front of a group.