AdventHealth Advent Health Centra Care-Certified Medical Assistant-Wesley Chapel,Tampa FL in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are now recruiting for a Full Time MA to cover our
Wesley Chapel Center
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Medical Assistant cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations
· Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
· Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to the patient or family
· Performs required Quality Control checklist to ensure safety of the patient
· Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows safety regulations.
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
· May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Comprehensive knowledge of general medical assistant practices
· Demonstrated ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
· Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and others of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast pace, high patient volume environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of accredited medical assistant program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous MA experience
· Previous urgent care / ED experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
1.) Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
· American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
· American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
· American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
· National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
· National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
· National Health Career Association (“NHA”) for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant
· State of Florida Paramedic License
2.) CPR Certification
3.) Continued maintenance of BAT certification after hire
Job: Patient Care Support
Primary Location: US-FL-Wesley Chapel
Organization AdventHealth Centra Care
Job Level Staff / Associate
Education Level High School Diploma / GED
Job Posting Feb 13, 2019, 12:13:18 PM
Req ID: 276642
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.