Hilton Rooms Division Manager in Weerawila, Sri Lanka
A Rooms Division Manager is responsible for overseeing all Rooms Division operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while evaluating guest satisfaction and setting department targets and objectives.
What will I be doing?
As a Rooms Division Manager, you are responsible for overseeing all Rooms Division operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Rooms Division Manager will also be required to evaluate guest satisfaction and set department targets and objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee Rooms Division operations including, but not limited, to Concierge, Reception, and Housekeeping
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Room Division Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure ongoing training
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Room Division team
- Contribute to succession planning within the hotel and company
- Ensure team members comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Proficient in property management systems
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
- Ensure the department adhere to Hilton policies and procedures
- Ensure competence of HHonors loyalty programme and ensure compliance
What are we looking for?
A Rooms Division Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Rooms Management/Front Office Management experience in the hotel/leisure/retail sector in a similar capacity
- Those with prior experience in Front Office and/or Housekeeping will be an added advantage
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate the team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good financial awareness
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree in Hotel Management or its related discipline
- Familiar with Property Management Systems
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Rooms Division Manager
Requisition ID: HOT067VQ
- Hilton Jobs