Trinity Health Clinical Liaison Full Time Mount St Joseph in Waterville, Maine
- Must be a licensed nurse *
- Represent the THSC communities in the hospitals.
- Collaboration with Discharge Planning Staff at Acute Care Hospitals.
- Collaboration with patient and or family regarding potential admission to skilled nursing facility.
- Collaboration with physicians and other potential referral sources at acute-care hospitals, etc. Uncovers new referral sources to bring new business to the community.
- Review of Patient medical records, and or assessment of patient for appropriate level of care.
- Tracks admissions and non-admissions for trends, develops strategies in accordance to findings from tracking.
- Financially assess patients as appropriate prior to acceptance of patient.
- Obtain initial preauthorization as appropriate.
- Work with discharge planner and physicians to evaluate patient for cost effective medication alternatives.
- Understanding of skilled nursing regulations.
- Understanding of admissions process to the Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Completes and records comprehensive and accurate pre admission assessment identifying medical, social and financial issues, and communicating them effectively to the communities.
- Coordination of actual patient discharge.
- Hospital Rounds on potential admissions and on patients who have been transferred from our facility to the hospital, and reports progress to facility.
Job Number: 00118975
Location: Waterville, ME
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Mt.. St Joseph
Employment Type: Full time