Trinity Health Vice President of Operations Waterbury, CT in Waterbury, Connecticut
The Vice President of Operations & Chief Productivity Officer is a key member of the Hospital’s executive management team who provides leadership for all Workforce Management initiatives, Imaging Services, Laboratory Services, Pharmacy, Food & Nutrition Services, Environmental Services, Clinical Engineering, Facilities Management, Security, Patient Transportation, Valet & Parking Service, Courier Services, Emergency Management, Capital Management, and Environment of Care. Waterbury market oversight for all assigned areas. Key executive visible in all areas of the organization.
Education: Master’s Degree in Management or Business, or healthcare related field.
Job Knowledge/Experience: 10 years hospital administration experience with the last five years as a Vice President
Excellent leadership, including oral and written communications, computer skills related to moderate Excel and Word based applications. Must have the ability to handle multiple projects and have experience developing strategic plans aligning itself with the Mission and Vision, and Priority Strategic Aims. Must be able to drive accountability across the scope of the organization.
We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Reverence We honor the sacredness and dignity of every person.
Commitment to Those Who are Poor We stand with and serve those who are poor, especially those most vulnerable.
Justice We foster right relationships to promote the common good, including sustainability of Earth.
Stewardship We honor our heritage and hold ourselves accountable for the human, financial and natural resources entrusted to our care.
Integrity We are faithful to who we say we are.
1 Our Mission, Core Values and Service Excellence Standards:
This section reflects the employee’s contributions to the Healthcare System’s Mission, Core Values and Service Excellence and demonstrates the employee’s commitment to the moral and ethical values of Trinity Health Of New England. The values are stated, along with core behaviors, which indicate quality performance in this area.
Contributes to the creation of a compassionate and caring environment for patients, families, and colleagues through displays of kindness and active listening. Recognizes and appreciates that each employee’s work is valuable and contributes to the success of our Mission.
Demonstrates excellence in daily work. Willing to actively participate in performance and quality improvement activities and to work towards enhancing customer/patient satisfaction.
Exhibits positive service excellence skills to patients, visitors, and coworkers by greeting others in a friendly manner, keeping customers/patients/colleagues informed about progress, delays and changes.
Demonstrates effective teamwork by interacting in a positive manner with colleagues and creating a collaborative work environment. Initiates open communication, conveys positive intent, offers assistance.
Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and colleagues by following established procedures and protocols.
Demonstrates stewardship by thoughtful and responsible use of resources including maintaining a clean and hospitable environment, starting work on time, maintaining good attendance, displaying a consciousness regarding costs, supplies, and department finances.
Demonstrates respect for individual differences and reverence for the spirituality of each person by acknowledging the essence of each person and appreciating and responding to the unique spiritual, personal and cultural backgrounds of patients, families and colleagues.
2: Provides executive leadership in areas of specific responsibility and acts as an institutional leader.
- Provides leadership regarding major strategic developments and issues.
- Oversees all organizational Workforce Management efforts, serves as Chief Productivity Officer.
- Interacts and leads regional health ministry projects as assigned.
- In support of the president, leads organizational lean daily management, Gemba, tiered rounding, ACE Board initiative.
- Interacts with system office as necessary.
- Oversees hospital capital management plan.
- Executive responsibility for Environment of Care and Emergency Management, including response to inclement weather/disasters.
3. Is an institutional leader.
- Participates in strategic planning and operation of the Hospital.
- Prepares analysis and develops organizational priorities and strategies with senior management.
- Acts as a key organizational role model.
4. Meets external standards.
- Ensures that organization meets or exceeds all compliance requirements from external monitoring agencies.
- Educational programs support compliance with federal and state laws and external monitoring agencies.
5. Organized to conduct business.
- Maintains a structure of policies, rules, systems, controls, standards and/or the equivalent to assure that the operations under his/her control function as planned.
- Demonstrates development of written goals and plans that address the mission and Priority Strategic Aims of the Hospital.
- Communicates at all levels the status of the above standard.
- Meets deadline and commitment, holds self and others accountable to deadlines.
- Ensures effective use of hospital resources.
6. Administers personnel function.
- Effectively manages the personnel and holds managers and directors accountable for same.
- Colleagues are orientated and performance is measured consistent with hospital policy.
- Colleague relations’ matters are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner.
- Ensures resources are provided in support of institutional need.
7. Oversees and participates in key project development and resolution
- Proposes and manages work groups and project action plans.
- Reports to management on a timely basis all issues and status updates for key projects.
8. Maintain fiscal responsibility for department.
- Oversees creation of department budgets and ensures accountability to such budgets.
- Coordinates with other departments to assist in their budgeting.
- Ensures hospital and regional Workforce Management targets are achieved.
- Ensures productivity index (workforce management targets) are achieved.
- Oversees and ensures Overtime initiatives are in place and achieved.
- Monitors and ensures Span of Control targets are met and monitored.
- Oversees the Staffing Resource Committee, ensures proper oversight for replacement and new position requests.
- Oversees the Labor Variance Review Committee, drives department level accountability for Workforce Management.
- Ensures department volume, revenue and expense targets are achieved.Ensures leader accountability.
9. Manages and develops department colleagues to effectively complete work.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues regarding all policies, procedures, and other information.
- Maintains a high level of colleague motivation.
- Colleagues are oriented and performance is measured consistent with institutional policies.
- Colleague relations matters are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner.
- Follows appropriate policies and procedures regarding personal leaves.
10. Fosters educational endeavors.
- Maintains currency in professional and industry knowledge consistent with organizational needs.
- Educational and developmental goals are established for subordinates.
- Department personnel are current in all mandatory requirements.
- Remains active in appropriate professional organizations.
Job Number: 00116741
Location: Waterbury, CT
Organization Name: Trinity Health
Facility: SO - St. Mary's Hospital Waterbury
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift