Trinity Health Radiology Technologist every third week end 7a to 330p in Waterbury, Connecticut
Responsible for performing radiological examinations and utilizing diagnostic radiographic equipment in the Radiology Department and Operating Room.Provide direct patient care to patients of all ages.Contribute to efficient operations of the SMH Radiology Department, ensuring the quality and continuity of patient care Adheres to the Confidentiality and Privacy Practices.Must be available for rotating weekend and/or weekend call coverage and holidays.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency:
- Performs all required radiology examinations, diagnostic and fluoroscopic.
- Positions patient and diagnostic equipment
- Selects appropriate software/hardware and equipment imaging techniques.
- safety and protection for the patient along with appropriate infection control policies implemented by the department and hospital Initiates and reviews applicable department records by end of shift, reports incomplete and incorrect examinations to the following shift to ensure proper patient charge and continuity of patient care
- Sets up the radiographic room for all radiographic examinations, prepares required procedural accessories, and cleans the examination room to create a contamination free environment according to departmental procedures.
- Assesses patient condition, ensures patient safety and comfort throughout the exam.
- Coordinates patient's examination to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care and assists with the management of the workflow of the department to ensure the completion of work efficiently.
- Provides educational knowledge to students.
- Demonstrates proper response and reliability for weekend, holiday, and on call coverage.
- Complete procurement, preparation, quality control, calculation, identification, documentation, dosing, administration, disposal, storage, infection control, and safe handling of all Radiology supplies and equipment.
- Adjust routine to accommodate patient or department without affecting department flow.
- Identify patient and reviews patient's orders for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis and demographic information utilizing (3) forms of patient identification, Patient name, DOB, and MRN Number.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehension of radiology examinations
- Knowledge of Radiology equipment operations and safety
- Knowledge of patient transfer and positioning techniques
- Comprehension of radiation physics and protection
- Ability to assess patient's condition ensures patient safety and comfort during radiographic examinations.
- Ability to organize patient care and set priorities by providing critical care first and implementing physician's orders.
- Ability to perform examinations in an accurate and timely manner by responding to changes in the work schedule, effectively handling interruptions, functioning as a productive technologist, and completing assignments prior to end of the shift.
- Able to constantly concentrate on fine detail, with interruption, and attend to tasks for more than 60 minutes.
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Training:
- Completion of Certified Radiology Program
- Associates degree preferred.
- ARRT certification
- Technologist must be incompliance with the ARRT requirements for continuing education, which are presently 24 credits in a 2 year time period.
- One year of experience working/student in a Radiologic Technologist capacity
- State Licensure as a Radiographer
Job Number: 00114942
Location: Waterbury, CT
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: NESM - Saint Mary's Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift