Trinity Health Medical Assistant - Waterbury Market in Waterbury, Connecticut
Provide clinical & clerical support to the unit including, but not limited to, phlebotomy, EKG's, obtaining specimens & various testing. Heavy clerical duties involving patient registration, discharge planning, scheduling referrals, chart management & phone contact.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing
Job Number: 00140061
Location: Waterbury, CT
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: NESM - Trinity Health of New England Medical Group
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift