Trinity Health Medical Assistant- Per Diem in Waterbury, Connecticut
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Credentials and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding, transcription, recordkeeping, and insurance processing
- Thorough understanding of medical terminology
- Basic knowledge in anatomy and physiology
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Board certified in Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant
- One years experience in office/hospital setting involving phlebotomy and direct patient care
Job Number: 00143765
Location: Waterbury, CT
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: NESM - Saint Mary's Hospital
Employment Type: Part time