Symantec Sr Technical Support Engineer in Warsaw, Poland
Senior Technical Support Engineer
This is an individual contributor position that will work as a member of the EMEA Support team, provide first/second level technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to each service request. All customer interaction is done via phone, email, and web and warranted by customer response time commitments established by Symantec Technical Support.
• Diagnose and solve software, hardware and networking issues
• Create technical action plans for analyzing and resolving customer issues.
• Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers and partners
• Utilize case management tools and provide case monitoring, status updates, documentation and notifications to customers
• Document all customer interactions and resolutions in the existing case management and knowledge based systems
• Use available support tools to diagnose and resolve product and technical issues
• Work with Systems Engineers and Engineering groups to resolve customer issues
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Layer 2-4 focus on Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IP Protocols, and applications
• Application and routing protocol knowledge; TCPIP, routing, NAT, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, MMS, RTSP, FTP, IM, Firewalls, QoS
• Working knowledge of the inter-operation of remote access technologies: RADIUS, LDAP, NTLM, firewalls, etc.
• Working knowledge of Internet Services: Web Services, Media Servers, Proxy services, browser and media player operations.
• Demonstrate strong technical troubleshooting methodologies
• Must be a complete team player and work well in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to learn technologies quickly and proficiently
• Good analytical problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and customer service skills
• 2+ years experience working with customers in a fast-paced, hi tech, support related position or similar engineering role.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field a plus
• CCNA and/or CCNP a plus
• Valid CompTIA Security+ certification is appreciated
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.