Trinity Health Care Team RN Walker Standale in Walker, Michigan
- Assures compliance with appropriate regulations including MDPH, ADA, The Joint Commission, CLIA and OSHA.
- Receives, collects key data and answers based on clinical protocol guidelines and triages patient telephone calls as per approved clinical protocol guidelines. Consults with RN or provider for areas of question or lack of clarity
- Identifies emergent medical and/or related patient situations and assists patients by assessing appropriate level of care required. If in question, errs on side of higher level of care if unable to clarify with RN or provider at point of service.
- Coordinates care with external payor/case managers.
- Performs patient flow functions as appropriate to office.
- Assists with and/or performs specified procedures.
- Performs daily quality control functions.
- Facilitates office quality/performance incentive initiatives.
- Serves as a medical care information resource for patients.
- Consults with physicians, providers, and other team members as appropriate to ensure quality patient care that is consistent with and pertinent to the patient.
- Documents complete and accurate patient records related to calls received, data collected, services rendered, follow-up provided, and/or outcomes as described by the patient or family.
- Performs nursing protocols (First OB, Medication Refill as applicable and approved) to organizational procedures.
- Serves as a resource to clinical office staff within scope of LPN role.
- Able to perform similar clinical functions as the Medical Assistant (see Medical Assistant Job Description).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Upon completion of Scribe Training, performs the following essential functions:
- Meets all information management, HIPAA, HITECH, confidentiality and patient rights standards
- Enters the room with the physician, identifying the patient with two patient identifiers
- As the physician moves forward with the appointment, documents only information cited by the physician, refraining from obtaining any information from the patient directly without the direct supervision of the physician
- Remains in compliance with the Record of Care and Provision of Care Standards Provides statement
- Identifying the scriber of the service
- Statement attesting that the notes are written/recorded contemporaneously in the presence of the physician performing the service
- Physician Name
- Signature (including name and title), dating and timing of all entries into the medical record
- Example: Scribed for Dr. X. in their presence by Susie Scriber, MA, 1/1/11, 11:15 AM
Ensures authentication by the physician is complete prior to acting on orders entered into the medical record
Job Number: 00146772
Location: Walker, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Walker/Standale
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift