University of Southern California Certified Nurse Assistant - 6th Floor Med/Surg - Full-Time 12 Hour Days in United States
Certified Nurse Assistant - 6th Floor Med/Surg - Full-Time 12 Hour DaysApplyVerdugo Hills Hospital - Medical SurgeryHospitalGlendale, California
Statement of Purpose:
Performs various patient care activities and non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient.
Representative Functions or Duties:
– Carries out personal hygiene procedures for patients, such as: baths, oral hygiene, skin care, hair care, back rubs, foley care and decubitus preventive care.
– Serves meals; assists with feeding if necessary; determines amount of food and fluid intake. Measures fluid intake and output and records them on the proper forms.
– Is responsible for maintaining neatness and order in the patient’s unit, including making the bed and necessary linen changes. Disposes of trash and linen properly.
– Takes temperatures, pulses, respirations, blood pressures, asks for pain level; records these accurately and legibly in the patient’s chart.
– Assists the Nurse with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
– Assists patient with dressing and undressing.
– Performs skills/services according to accepted procedure. These may include collection of specimens, weighing patients, surgical preps and assisting with patient activities.
– Demonstrates ability to use equipment according to accepted procedure.
– Assists in placing and removing protective devices such as: bedside rails, poseys, and wrist restraints. – Explains procedures and treatments to the patient.
– Carries out patient and family requests or explains to them why they cannot be done.
– Assists with patient activities as ordered, i.e., ambulation and transportation.
– Answers patient’s call lights and leaves call light within the patient’s reach. – Assists in the care of deceased patients.
– Notifies the Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse of anything in the patient’s condition that requires attention.
– Demonstrates knowledge of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric variations in treatment/procedure as evidenced by annual age specific competencyassessment/evaluation.– Makes self available to listen to patient and family concerns.
– Addresses patient with appropriate title as agreed by patient and family.
– Appearance is in accordance with nursing policy. Wears complete uniform and photo identification badge.
– Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
– Cooperates with changes in policy, procedure, personnel, and environment.
– Accepts guidance and direction from supervisory personnel.
– Contributes to positive unit atmosphere as evidenced by a smile, eye contact, friendly demeanor, etc., as defined by guest relations policy.
– Completes patient rounds as required.
– Utilizes time effectively to complete assignments on time.
– Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected change in volume, emergencies, staffing, or scheduling.
– Recognizes own limitations and seeks help from appropriate sources when needed.
– Adhere to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
– Adhere to the lines of authority and communication formulated by the organizational chart.
– Complete medical record as outlined in charting procedure.
– Participate in Quality Management studies and serves on CQI project teams as requested.
– Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Experience: - Minimum of one (1) year current experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant preferred.
Minimum Field of Expertise: - Current California Nurse Assistant certificate. - Current BCLS certification. - Current AB 508 Secure Training Certification.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20069180 Posted Date: 07/31/2019