Vectrus Physical Security Officer Lead in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
This position will operate directly under the Installation Operations, Operations Manager. This position is responsible for a wide range of duties, including supervision of FN workforce performingaccess control for theRetrograde Sorting and Processing Yards. The Physical Security Officer Lead (PSOL) will be the primary contact for administering, manning and operations sustainment for Installation Operations and Vectrus Management to accomplish contractual requirements in the Area Support Group Kuwait (ASG-KU) area of responsibility, protecting the equipment and property of ASG-KU and its partners. The PSOL will accomplish this by enforcing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Physical Security Work Instructions. Duties include access control monitor supervisory responsibilities, validation of force protection and security measuresas well as, other security measures as required. Selected person will be the directorate safety and/or quality representative.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Identify and respond to security requirements of Request for Proposal’s (RFP’s) as well as participate in key management briefings on physical and other security business practices and regulatory compliance as required.
2. Provide recommendations to plans, policies, methods, techniques and processes that will improve security and security management on the K-BOSSS contract.
3. Assist IO staff with compliance and administering Quality and Safety mandates.
4. Assist with leading IO special projects as directed by IO Senior Director, Operations Manager and other functional managers within IO.
5. Perform all other duties and assignments as required by IO Senior Leadership as directed.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Excellent computer skills required as well as interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Use of computers, hardware and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Kuwait Driver’s License.
Work is conducted outdoors or in established infrastructure, with the exposure to extreme climactic conditions.Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Work may require lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
Education/Certifications: One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Associates degree in Criminal Justice or related field a plus.
- Have written clear concise police/security reports (who, what, when, where and why)
- Experience using Interpersonal communication skills to obtain information and deescalate hostile situations
- Have an Active Secret Security Clearance
- Have a valid US Passport with a minimum of 5 blank pages
- Have a current and valid US Driver’s License with at least 2 years before expiration
- Must be able to use Microsoft office at the basic level.
- Must be able to work under pressure while conducting tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate using Interpersonal communication skills to include conflict resolution.
- Understand cultural and diversity issues
Supervise a small group of Other Country National workforce performing Access Control for Retrograde Yards.
Title: Physical Security Officer Lead
Requisition ID: KBO001517
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.