BCD Travel Senior Developer in United Kingdom
BCD Meetings & Events is a full-service, global meetings and events agency. We design solutions and experiences where people, passion and purpose come together to drive business results. We are uniquely positioned in being able to manage high end event experiences and strategic meetings management programs with equal degrees of expertise. We are experts who love what we do - so will you.
As we strive to achieve our ambitious growth targets, an opportunity has recently opened for an experienced PHP Senior Developer to join our Global Technology team within the registration and delegate management division; which is based in Fleet, Hampshire.
The successful candidate will have a positive impact on delivering features in alignment with an exciting product roadmap. The role involves working closely with clients (internal & external) to design, build and implement new technology solutions in addition to enhancing and maintaining our existing software stack. You will be working in a product oriented Agile environment, delivering high quality, testable code as per Software Development practices.
The role will entail a mix of developing complex business logic & functionality, SQL database programming, intuitive user interfaces and general all-round systems development. The role has a primary focus on backend development, however the ability to produce well-presented and usable user interfaces would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of the business, some UK or international travel may be required as part of the role.
- Take responsibility and accountability for delivery of new features, whilst supporting existing tools as required
- Collaborate with the wider Technology team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented work packages across a number of products
- Ability to understand and develop complex business logic and ensure adherence to Code quality standards
- Actively engage in bi-weekly scrum sessions to support MoSCoW prioritisation and accurate estimation
- Demonstrate a mentality for continuous improvement, with a desire to lead implementation of new tools & techniques
Essential Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience developing PHP applications (4-5 years minimum)
- Object Oriented PHP 5/7 Programming
- Relational Databases, MySQL, ORM, with familiarity of Oracle and SQL
- Regular use of PHP Frameworks
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes
- Restful API Services
- Git version control and related processes. For example Gitflow
Ideal Skills and experience:
- IT (or related) degree level or equivalent practical experience
- Linux / Unix administration
- Experience of NoSQL database (design, setup and administration)
- Front end experience for example Angular, Node.js or similar
- Experience of using and/or implementing CI / CD amongst other Dev Ops practices
- Unit testing, for example PHPUnit
- HTML 5, JQuery & CSS3
- Personable, credible and able to build rapport easily
- Team player
- Self-motivated multi tasker
- Good under pressure
- Ability to travel and work overseas as well as throughout the UK
- The ability to tackle a steep learning curve
What we offer you: This is a terrific opportunity within an international working environment. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, training programs, career development and a dynamic work culture.
Work location: Fleet, Hampshire
You must have the right to live and work in the UK for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- BCD Travel Jobs