Baker Hughes Lead Engineer - Surface Pressure Control in China
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role he/she will utilize the experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
· Execute the design, analysis and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
· Assist internal and external customers on technical issues to recommend design to suit customers’ requirements
· Assist in providing technical support in the consolidation of standard products for field sales or proposal by Internal Sales
· Provide technical leadership to other personnel assigned to support the effort on assigned projects and/or tasks; mentors others in the organization
· Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
· Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
· Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
· Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations
· Perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities
· Review the technical literature and field service manual
· Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering
· At least 5 additional years of experience in Mechanical Engineering in the Oil & Gas industry
· Deep knowledge of Oil & Gas industry standard and codes
· Knowledge of Oil & Gas equipment design and operability
· Sound mechanical design and analytical background
· Strong oral & written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate/analyze/resolve problems and drive projects to completion
· Self-motivated individual with sound analytical and problem solving skill
· Ability to formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments
· Ability to successfully work in a team environment
· Willingness and ability to travel
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Job: Project Management
Title: Lead Engineer - Surface Pressure Control
Requisition ID: 1907006
- Baker Hughes Jobs