CVS Health Registered Nurse - RN - Nurse Consultant - Virginia Beach in Virginia Beach, Virginia
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the health care environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
The Field Nurse Consultant, RN is responsible for delivery of clinical services and education to our clients to further develop client relationships, to aid in retention and expansion of existing business, and help to ensure execution of contract covenants. This role will also assist with on-boarding of new clients and some facility level issue resolution.
• Build strong client relationships by consistently delivering client interactions that develop trust and show value
• Evaluate regulatory compliance and determine clinical education needs for our clients as it relates to pharmacy services
• Conduct quality assurance audits to aid clients with preparation for successful, compliant state surveys
• Identify and provide recommendations regarding deficiencies and opportunities around drug inventories, storage, and distribution
• Provide Quality Reviews and other Omnicare nursing consultant services
• Deliver ongoing clinical training to facility staff
• Manage resolution of client issues and requests
• Assist with activities associated in on-boarding new facilities such as collection of resident information and medical records; scheduling, attending, and some facilitation of facility staff training; informing pharmacy of facility needs; serving as single point of contact for facility throughout on-boarding process
• Operate with strong business acumen and industry knowledge, remaining conscious of industry trends
*This role will cover a large territory primarily in and around the Virginia Beach area. Some overnight travel will be required.
- Build strong client relationships by consistently
delivering client interactions that develop trust and show value
Evaluate regulatory compliance and determine clinical education needs for our clients as it relates to pharmacy services
Conduct quality assurance audits to aid clients with preparation for successful, compliant state surveys
Identify and provide recommendations regarding deficiencies and opportunities around drug inventories, storage, and distribution
Provide Quality Reviews and other Omnicare nursing consultant services
Deliver ongoing clinical training to facility staff
Manage resolution of client issues and requests
Assist with activities associated in on-boarding new facilities such as collection of resident information and medical records; scheduling, attending, and some facilitation of facility staff training; informing pharmacy of facility needs; serving as single point of contact for facility throughout on-boarding process
Operate with strong business acumen and industry knowledge, remaining conscious of industry trends
To be successful, you will have strong clinical knowledge and proven client relation skills.The ideal candidate will possess the following professional qualifications:
• Excellent customer service skills, knowing the appropriate time to be consultative vs solve a problem or fill a need
• Proven project and time management skills; ability to track and manage issues, ensure the right teams are engaged, and facilitate comprehensive and timely issue resolution
• Ability to work independently and creatively solve problems when dealing with a multitude of variables
• Track record of performing under pressure and adapting to changing dynamics
• Effective communication skills
Minimum 3 years of recent nursing experience in a Long Term Care setting or 3 years of State or Federal Long Term Care Surveyor experience
• Ability to travel regularly, up to 80%
• Must have current, unrestricted RN license
• Multi-facility long term care clinical experience preferred
• Director/Assistance Director of Nursing experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Web applications
• Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing with current, unrestricted license
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- CVS Health Jobs