CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Windows Infrastructure Engineer in Urbana, Maryland
Windows Infrastructure Engineer
Find similar career opportunities
Windows Infrastructure Engineer
Category: Project Management
City: Urbana, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0319-0635
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Infrastructure Engineer to join our financial services team in Urbana, MD. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
• We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Will be required to support the integration and implementation of numerous Windows Servers and provide operational support for same. Also,
• Perform system engineering and administration tasks in Windows environment for a substantial amount of Windows servers (version 2008 through 2016)
• Execute tasks fro Windows Image creation, hardening & troubleshooting
• Manage Windows images for public cloud solutions such as AWS and Azure
• Write scripts in Powershell to automate Windows tasks, update existing legacy Powershell scripts currently in use.
• Additionally, manage Windows VMs in VMware environment
• Provide feedback to all the teams involved in a timely manner
• Run UNIX commands from UNIX shells, be able to operate in csh or ksh environment, review or write shell scripts and understand general shell scripting practices.
• ENGINEERING: Work with other technical teams, gather requirements; determine, document, and propose viable solutions against these requirements.
With guidance from Senior System Administrators, plan and implement these solutions in cooperation other system administrators and technical teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Must have 5+ years of experience and hands on experience working with large scale Windows Server environment (recent and current). Needs system engineering and administration experience in Windows environment with substantial knowledge of the Windows server 2008 through 2016
-Strong experience using SCCM (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager) and skilled expertise in Powershell scripting and working knowledge of Powershell
-Solid working knowledge of Windows Image creation, hardening & troubleshooting
-Ideally have experience managing Windows image in public cloud such as AWS and Azure and migrating Windows VMs using VMware convertor or PlateSpin
-Working on data center migrations moving workload from one datacenter is a nice to have
-Utilization with OMS, Puppet, CISCO UCS , Storage technologies is preferable
-Must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks in a highly dynamic environment with strong customer service skills, teaming skills and the ability to collaborate within a cross functional team
-Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.