Saint Francis Health System Secretary, Clinical in Tulsa, Oklahoma
69530 - Employee Health
Job Details ECB - Variable hours - minimal benefits
The Clinical Secretary may transcribe orders via computer for the purpose of maintaining, reporting and updating patient census. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Transcribe physician orders utilizing order entry system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates patient/bed activity and pending patient needs per physician order.
- Order and monitor supply level of department equipment.
- Maintains patient current and past patient records/information.
- Maintain an updated census via assigning room numbers for new patient admissions and transfers.
- Performs clerical duties specific to the department and as assigned. Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Licensure, Registration and/or Certification:
6 months to 1 year related work experience in a health care setting, educational equivalent or equivalent related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Basic knowledge of computer operation techniques. Basic knowledge of medical terminology. Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to be detail oriented as might be required in the examination of clinical and numerical data.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability