Trinity Health RN SPECIALTY Wound Care - Eddy Visiting Nurse & Rehab Assoc - Full time days in Troy, New York
Eddy Visiting Nurse and Rehab Associationhas a rewarding opportunity for a full time RN to join our Albany County team in a new role as Wound Care Specialist for the team, managing a caseload of complex wound care patients to improve patient outcomes.
Work schedule ideally would be Monday to Friday, typically 8am to 4pm. Hours and days can be flexible. Minimal weekend and holiday rotations.
Responsible to coordinate an interdisciplinary plan of care with physical/occupational/speech therapists, medical social workers, aides and dieticians.
- Care for ONE PATIENT AT A TIME.
- Gain new skills (wound vacs, advanced wound care, home infusion therapy, chronic disease management, and more!),
- Experience the rewards of appreciation from being able to address the whole patient,
- Teach patients/caregivers about their diagnoses, medications, and help them to become independent with their treatments and self-management of their chronic illness(es),
- Once trained, enjoy the independence of starting and ending your day from home
- Be on the front-line of the transitions in health care from inpatient settings to the community – home health care is the future!
We provide a supportive work environment with access to clinical nurse specialists, in-depth computer training, assistance obtaining insurance authorizations, RN supervisors who are only a phone call away, and more!
Join us for a day and shadow an experienced RN Case Manager! See why RNs who transition to home care love what they do!
- NYS RN license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or agreement to obtain BSN
- 2+ yrs of recent experience as a RN in acute care
- Must commit to completing WCC Certification within timeframe designated by agency (agency funding of certification costs available)
- Valid driver license and reliable vehicle
- 1+ yrs of home health experience
- Maintain the highest level of customer service while completing day to day duties and responsibilities
- High level of skill to communicate effectively in a fast pace work environment
- Strong engagement within an interdepartmental team setting
- Excellent computer and organization skills
- Passion to learn, grow and develop in the nursing field
With more than 12,500 employees and more than 165 locations in the capital district, St. Peter's Health Partners forms the most comprehensive network of health care and community services in the region. We are also part of Trinity Health, the second – largest not-for-profit health system in the United States, serving people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast.
Job Number: 00102099
Location: Troy, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - Eddy Home Care
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift