Beaumont Health Clinical Assistant in Troy, Michigan
The Clinical Assistant is a member of the staff who coordinates non-clinical aspects of patient care by managing communication and clerical tasks essential to the functioning of the unit. He/she also provides patient care and related functions, under the direction of a RN.
- Provides patient care assignments under the direction of the registered nurse. Demonstrates knowledge of technical procedures.
- Competently performs technical procedures.
- Provides care for the patient in accordance with the plan of care, unit routine, and hospital policy.
- Maintains a safe, secure environment for patients, visitors and co-workers Performs delegated responsibilities in which education and training has been provided and competency assessed.
- Uses equipment properly Upholds the patient's rights in the provision of care Promotes infection control and safety as it relates to the patient and employee environments Professional Development: Participates in unit based activities, staff meetings and committees.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Certifications: BLS certification - American Heart Association, Healthcare Provider.
Preferred Qualifications: Certified Nursing Assistant. Unit Secretary experience.
Skills & Abilities: Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards and behaviors in all aspects of job performance. Reinforces hospital customer service recovery program and identifies customer service recovery opportunities Basic computer skills essential. Must at all times demonstrate courteous behavior, give clear directions, maintain high standards of personal appearance, introduce self by name and function, treat all customers with dignity, provide comfort, provide clear and adequate information, respond promptly to requests for service, maintain confidentiality, and be ambassadors of Beaumont Health System.