Trinity Health DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS in Trenton, New Jersey
- JOB PURPOSE
- The Director of Communications develops and executes public relations and communications that are consistent with the mission and vision of St. Francis Medical Center, working to enhance the hospital's status in regards to patients, colleagues, media and community stakeholders. The director is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the hospital's communication operations. The role is broad in scope and includes everything from routine marketing and PR functions to high-level media and crisis communications counsel for senior leaders.
- Leads the development and implementation of a communications strategy that promotes and positions St. Francis Medical Center in a positive light among key stakeholders.
- Prepares speeches, talking points, presentations and other executive communications.
- Serves as spokesperson on behalf of SFMC
- Provides crisis communications counsel to senior leadership
- Directs all internal communication efforts, directs all external and media communications, including proactively researching, writing and pitching news stories, cultivating contacts, and responding to all media requests
- Works in collaboration with the outreach team to promote SFMC as a community partner for Greater Trenton
- Ensures consistent messaging and branding across communication platforms and programs.
- Partners with other senior managers to coordinate communication outreach; manage and produce all collateral materials, presentations, and digital outreach efforts.
- Leads and develops new communication initiatives and tools; oversee the ongoing renewal and update of the organization’s website, newsletters, social media platforms, and other commercial vehicles.
- Measures and analyzes the use and effectiveness of communication tools and efforts, to optimize results.
- Manages vendor relationships, including writers, designers, researchers, printers, photographers, producers, and videographers, illustrators, and media relations.
- Serves as primary communicator on key advocacy issues, working in collaboration with Trinity Health
- Oversees departmental budget.
- Serves as on-call media contact and member of senior leadership team
- Serves as hospital's Public Information Officer and member of Emergency Preparedness team
Job Number: 00120248
Location: Trenton, NJ
Organization Name: St. Francis Medical Center
Facility: SFNJ - St. Francis Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift