Umpqua Bank Home Lending Financial Analyst-Tigard in Tigard, Oregon
Supports the Home Lending Division through financial reporting and performance management needs, including reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting processes. Analyzes historical trends and supports the preparation of forecasts to identify and explain historical and projected variances relative to financial targets. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of details requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Researches and analyzes various metrics relevant to the Home Lending channel including financials, productivity, and market data. Interprets and presents reports to managers.
· Prepares periodic financial statements and reports for distribution to management and other company personnel.
· Analyzes income, expense, transactional and system data. May be responsible for some financial modeling and forecasting as well as the division’s annual budget.
· Responsible for the continued development of process automation and the mitigation of risks to data integrity.
· Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
· Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
· Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
· May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
· Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
· Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
· Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
· May perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Degree in Accounting/Finance, Business, Economics, or equivalent.
· 1 - 3 years of relevant financial analyst experience demonstrating analytical and mathematical skills and knowledge of economic/financial concepts, policies, and practices.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to analyze data.
· Excel proficiency required including formula scripting, tables, and charting. Macros and VBA experience a plus.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks successfully.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
· Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
· Requires close visual acuity.
· Normal office environment.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.