Trinity Health Registered Nurse - Resource/Internal Travel Pool (All shifts) in Syracuse, New York
Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem positions available in our Med Surge and ICU areas with varying shifts, weekend and holiday rotations.
Our Resource Pool is an internal travel pool of highly experienced professional nurses crossed trained to support staffing on a variety of units utilizing their nursing experience, expertise and skill set. If you are looking for dynamic learning opportunities with complex medical treatments and continual advancements all while receiving premium pay, then we invite you to join our team. Our hospital specialties include a variety of acute medical, cardiac, surgical and respiratory conditions. Must be competent in Telemetry and/or critical care depending on pool. Training includes a four week orientation period allowing you to become familiar with each units work flows. We incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs of the patient population.
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with the hospitalist physician group.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Flexible self-scheduling options and *reduced holiday requirements* to balance your work/life and school calendars.
- Premium pay to reward flexibility and expertise.
What you will do:
- Therapeutic med/surge nursing interventions and hands on skills including vent care, tube feeds, dressing changes and more. Patient education, goal setting, critical thinking and care planning.
- Care for and provide treatment modalities.
- Collaborative team approach: SNAP rounding daily with interdisciplinary team of hospitalist physicians, clinical affiliates, medical social work, care managers, nutrition, Rehab services, spiritual care and pharmacy.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship,we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverencein honoring the dignity of every person, Excellencein expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR and ACLS certification for ICU/ED pools.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Job Number: 00114367
Location: Syracuse, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Full time