Trinity Health Registered Nurse- Interventional Radiology Unit in Syracuse, New York
Our interventional radiology department is a four procedure room suite providing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for inpatient, outpatient and Emergency Department patients. Working with a team of medical imaging staff, we provide scheduled procedures Monday – Saturday and are available for emergent treatment on a 24 hour basis. Our highly trained nurses provide comprehensive interdisciplinary care for stable and critically ill patient populations from the time they arrive in the department until time of departure. The interventional radiology nurses provide care to patients in all medical imaging areas including diagnostic x-ray, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound and CT scan.
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and school calendars.
What you will do:
- Monitor and assist with procedures, deliver care modalities including care of critically ill patients while in the lab.
- Collaborative team approach, coordinate and direct care with Interventional Radiologists, vascular surgeons and medical imaging staff.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
Mission Statement: We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
Vision: To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
Core Values: In the spirit of good Stewardship,we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverencein honoring the dignity of every person, Excellencein expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR/ACLS certification.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00161475
Location: Syracuse, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Full time