Trinity Health Registered Nurse Coordinator - Patient Care Unit 1-4 in Syracuse, New York
Unit 1-4 is a 36 bed Medical/Surgical/Telemetry unit caring for patients admitted to our hospitalist’s service. If you are looking for dynamic learning opportunities with complex medical treatments and continual advancements then we invite you to join our team. Our specialties include a variety of acute medical and respiratory conditions and post op thoracic surgery. Specialized training includes CORE EKG class to monitor class II telemetry and ventilator care with capacity to care for long term ventilated patients. We encourage and participate in the NICHE program for our geriatric population. We incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs of the patient population.
The Registered Nurse Coordinator is a dynamic leadership role that contributes to the operational management of the unit to promote and support an environment of excellent patient care. An individual in this role ensures compliance with all healthcare standards and requirements established by various licensing, regulatory, and accreditation bodies. A Coordinator maintains a working knowledge of policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior. A Coordinator provides unit based leadership while engaging staff and promoting evidenced based practice that supports and leads unit and/or organizational changes. A RN Coordinator helps to identify problems, offers solutions, and participates in their resolution. A candidate for this role should be comfortable providing patient care, managing staff, making decisions independently, and assuming managerial duties as necessary.
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Advancement: Strong orientation, leadership development programs and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and school calendars.
What you will do:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement staffing plan to ensure adequate care coverage.
- Evaluate retrospective, current and prospective unit productivity and adjust to reach targeted levels.
- Coordinate patient admissions, discharges and transfers to achieve most appropriate bed utilization in collaboration with Administrative Coordinator Office.
- Coordinate response to urgent/emergent situations as evidenced by reallocation of personnel and resources.
- Participate in patient care activities as determined by unit needs.
- Implement appropriate service recovery strategies.
- Coach, mentor and support staff.
- Collaborate with nursing education to facilitate orientation initiatives and provide preceptor education and support.
- Participate in hiring, evaluating, initiating corrective action and terminating employees as needed.
- Educate team members in theoretical and clinical competencies associated with care delivery typical of unit.
- Maintain the prescribed workload including advisement and committee responsibilities.
- Ensure quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Collaborate with unit leadership to provide formal feedback through performance development process.
- Collaborate with unit leadership to achieve unit and organizational quality improvement and outcome based initiatives.
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, and national certification opportunities.
- Career advancement to senior leadership roles such as Manager, Director or Administrative roles.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship,we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverencein honoring the dignity of every person, Excellencein expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required with one to two years progressive experience in the field. Advanced degree is a plus/requirement, depending on specific service needs and/or requirements. Ideally the candidate will have some supervisory experience.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and current licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise. Completes population specific competency annually on populations served as identified in scope of care and services.
- Maintain BLS/CPR certification. Maintain other certifications appropriate to field.
- Clinical Ladder participation preferred.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
Job Number: 00119861
Location: Syracuse, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Full time