Trinity Health Registered Nurse-Clinical Care Manager in Syracuse, New York
Day position with occasional weekend coverage.
The Registered Nurse Clinical Care Manger (CCM) actively manages patient progression from Admission to Discharge. Through partnership and collaboration with all members of the healthcare team, the CCM is the principal liaison between emergency services, surgical services, nursing, finance, physicians, utilization review, and medical records. In addition they are responsible to coordinate safe and appropriate discharge plan for the patients within their service area.
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with the hospitalist physician group.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and school calendars.
What you will do:
- Acts as a liaison with the Hub to facilitate appropriate patient placement, level of care and patient progression at a unit level to achieve system efficiency.
- Leads daily SNAP huddles and works collaboratively with unit staff and support team (RN, Physician/Clinical Affiliate, DPA, MSW, CDI, Rehab Services, etc.) to progress each patient's care towards discharge.
- Serves as a consultant and educator with medical staff regarding status, placement, payer requirements, and utilization of resources.
- Performs Initial Stay reviews.
- Reviews LOS values and working DRG daily; Updates in Care Logistics software as needed.
- Identifies opportunities to transition testing to the outpatient setting and escalates as appropriate
- Identifies/assesses patient for readmission risk, communicates to care team, and updates Care Logistics software.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Maintains current knowledge of basic health care economics, trends and reimbursements methodologies and applies knowledge to daily practice. Recognizes situations that require immediate intervention. Continues to develop professionally and apply knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to each patient.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in preparing the discharge plan for patients and families.
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
Licensed professional Nurse with a minimum of 2 years clinical experience in a hospital setting, preferred. Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline with one to two years progressive experience in the field is acceptable. Previous discharge planning, home care, and/or managed care experience desired.
Participates in orientation, education conference, updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of practice.
Special Equipment, Skills or Other Requirements: Organizational, management and leadership skills. Competent in BLS/CPR rescues. Oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability for problem solving and conflict management.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- OSHA category I. Routine or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, excretion or secretions.
- Moderate work: lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Heavy work: standing and walking.
Work Contact Group:
- All services medical staff, patients, visitors, contractors, vendors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
Supervised By: Manager and Director
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00161533
Location: Syracuse, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift