Trinity Health Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Step Down Units (Full Time) in Syracuse, New York
Unit D4 is a 36 bed cardiovascular step down unit caring for patients admitted for open heart and vascular surgery. We serve patients with a variety of acute medical, cardiac, vascular and respiratory conditions. We monitor class I telemetry and manage cardiac drips. Specialized training includes CORE EKG classes. Unit D5 is a 36 bed cardiovascular step down unit caring for patients admitted for interventional cardiac procedures, medical cardiology, vascular surgery and the designated stroke unit. We serve patients with a variety of acute medical, cardiac, vascular and respiratory conditions. We monitor class I telemetry and manage cardiac drips. Specialized training includes CORE EKG classes and stroke certification. St. Joseph’s earned the 2018 Women’s’ Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Healthgrades Quality Award for Cardiac Surgery Excellence and recognized as one of the 2019 Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health.
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with cardiology and hospitalist physician groups.
- We incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs of the patient population
- Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and school calendars.
What you will do:
- Therapeutic med/surg nursing interventions and hands on skills including class I telemetry, cardiac drips, stroke care, temporary pacer care and more. Patient education, goal setting, critical thinking and care planning.
- Care for and provide treatment modalities.
- Collaborative team approach: SNAP rounds daily. Vent rounds with interdisciplinary team of hospitalist physicians, clinical affiliates, medical social work, care managers, nutrition, Rehab services, spiritual care and pharmacy.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship,we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverencein honoring the dignity of every person, Excellencein expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Job Number: 00114439
Location: Syracuse, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Full time