Trinity Health Licensed Practical Nurse - Primary Care Centers Main Campus and West (Full Time) in Syracuse, New York
Includes opportunities at our Family Medicine Center located at our Main Campus 101 Union Ave. and PCC Westside Family Health located at 321 Gifford St. M-F Day shift with occasional evenings until 8PM.
Licensed Practical Nurse – Full Time
If you are looking for dynamic learning opportunities with complex medical treatments and continual advancements all while receiving exceptional pay, then we invite you to join our team of LPN clinical staff. Our outpatient programs provide patient centered care in family medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics and behavioral health. Training includes an orientation period allowing you to become familiar with each departments work flows. We incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs of the patient population.
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a licensed health care provider who provides nursing care under the direction of an RN, physician, or other authorized health care provider. There is no independent component to the LPN role.
The Nurse Practice Act defines the practice of a LPN as ""performing tasks and responsibilities within the framework of case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of supportive and restorative care under the direction of a registered nurse or licensed physician, dentist, or other licensed health care provider legally authorized under this title and in accordance with the commissioner's regulations.""
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with the interdisciplinary care team.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Flexible self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and school calendars.
- Clinical Ladder to recognize advancement with medication administration.
What you will do:
- Therapeutic nursing interventions under the supervision and direction of the RN for daily care, tube feeds, dressing changes and more.
- Medication administration upon completion of medication course.
- Documentation using the EPIC system.
- Collaborative team approach: with interdisciplinary team of registered nurses, medical social work, care managers, nutrition, Rehab services, spiritual care and pharmacy.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process is involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Clinical ladder advancement with completion of medication administration course.
- Career advancement to preceptor and Registered Nurse.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship,we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverencein honoring the dignity of every person, Excellencein expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited school for Licensed Practical Nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
- Registered Nurse, Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Job Number: 00115649
Location: Syracuse, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Full time