Trinity Health Graduate Nurse (RN)- Med Surge Units (Part Time) in Syracuse, New York
Graduate Nurse Medical Surgical
Unit 1-4 and Unit 1-5 are 36 bed Medical/Surgical/Telemetry units caring for patients admitted to our hospitalist’s service. If you are looking for dynamic learning opportunities with complex medical treatments and continual advancements then we invite you to join our team. Our specialties include a variety of acute medical and respiratory conditions and post op thoracic surgery. Specialized training includes CORE EKG class to monitor class II telemetry and ventilator care with capacity to care for long term ventilated patients.
Unit 2-4 is a 36 bed (with 4 flex beds) Medical/Surgical/Telemetry unit caring for patients admitted to our teaching service. We serve patients with a variety of acute medical, cardiac and respiratory conditions. Class II telemetry monitoring, Bi-pap therapy and palliative care measures are among our specialties. Our dedicated nursing staff attend orientation classes that includes CORE EKG, end of life and respiratory care. Our unit philosophy is based on creating an environment of learning and healing and is dedicated to the Medical and Family Practice teaching services. These services consist of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year residents designated as the patents primary care providers. The residents are supervised by an attending physician who oversees the care that is prescribed.
Unit 2-5 is a 40 bed Medical/Surgical/Telemetry unit caring for patients admitted to our hospitalist’s service. We serve patients with a variety of acute medical, cardiac and respiratory conditions. We monitor class I telemetry and manage cardiac drips. Specialized training includes CORE EKG and ventilator care with capacity to care for prolonged ventilated patients.
Unit 3-1 is a 32 bed Medical/Surgical/Telemetry unit. Our specialties include urology, colon-rectal surgery, general surgery and renal disease including peritoneal dialysis at the bedside. Specialized training includes CORE EKG and PD classes.
Job DescriptionJob Description
Position Highlights: Part Time position with varying shifts, weekend and holiday rotations.
Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: We incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs of the patient population.
- Strong rapport with the hospitalist, Residents, and Family Practice physician groups.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and school calendars.
What you will do:
- Therapeutic med/surge nursing interventions and hands on skills including vent care, tube feeds, dressing changes and more. Patient education, goal setting, critical thinking and care planning.
- Care for and provide treatment modalities.
- We encourage and participate in the NICHE program for our geriatric population.
- Collaborative team approach: SNAP rounding daily with interdisciplinary team of physicians, clinical affiliates, medical social work, care managers, nutrition, Rehab services, spiritual care and pharmacy.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Work varying shifts, weekend and holiday rotations
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship,we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverencein honoring the dignity of every person, Excellencein expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Job Number: 00115519
Location: Syracuse, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Part time