Washington State DSHS Psychology Associate in Steilacoom, Washington
DSHS Psychology Associate Do you enjoy providing meaningful assistance to those in need? Are you looking for a great opportunity to further your career in psychology? The Special Commitment Center is seeking a Psychology Associate to join their dedicated team in Steilacoom, Washington.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work different wards. Join us today and help us on our mission to Transform Lives!
You'll get to work a sweet Mon-Fri, 8a-4p schedule and enjoy a daily ferry ride to the island!
Some of what you'll do:
- Develop and lead evidence based treatment groups
- Provide individualized 1:1 interventions to selected patients
- Be responsible for documentation via electronic progress notes and attendance records
- Attend and contribute to patient treatment conferences
Develop and implement individual mental health treatment plan addenda We're looking for professionals who have successfully demonstrated:
Experience planning and implementing individual and group interventions for people with severe mental illness
- Working collaboratively and effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Adhering to legislation and/or law changes that may affect current licensure and/or registration requirements
- Agency Affiliated Counselor status through the Washington Department of Health or possession of a Certified Counselor credential
- Maintaining and following the continuing education requirements for the applicable professional credential Who should apply? Professionals with a Master's or Doctoral degree in psychology from an accredited school or department of psychology.
Please include with your application:
- Letter of interest
- Copy of Transcripts / Diploma Questions email email@example.com. 02534 Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Salary: $57,708.00 - $75,684.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County – Steilacoom, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2019-02534
Closing: 6/30/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact