Washington University of St. Louis Senior Clinical Research Coordinator - Medical Oncology - 45713 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position oversees and coordinates complex or multi-site clinical research studies; serves as a resource to provide comprehensive information to clinical research staff by promoting a smooth operation, preparation of regulatory compliance and interaction with other departments; may supervise clinical research staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary liaison to PI in developing plans for research projects and discussing the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publication and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies; assists in the preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate
- Responsible for the development of forms, questionnaires, and the application of research techniques; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study progress, data collection and coding; reviews journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies
- Designs, implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; identifies problems and/or inconsistencies and monitors participant’s progress to include documentation and reporting of adverse events; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency
- Provides guidance to members of research team in the implementation and evaluation of clinical research; trains new staff; may serve as lead or as point of reference for other research coordinators for questions, staff scheduling, feedback on performance
- Evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described above
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of clinical research experience with some level of lead or supervisory experience required; Master’s degree or a combination of work and education equaling 7 years may substitute for this requirement.
- SOCRA or ACRP certification.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $72,010 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Clinical Research Coordinator - Medical Oncology - 45713
Job ID: 45713
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time