Trinity Health Surgical Tech Certified, Operating Room - FT 40 hours with $2,000 Sign on Bonus in Springfield, Massachusetts
Schedule: 40 hours days - 7:00am - 9:30pm flexible availability Provide scrub duties during surgical interventions under the direction and supervision of the physician and the registered nurse. Participate in and enhance the surgical care provided by the surgical team during the pre operative phase of patient assessments through teamwork. Assist intra-operatively with technical skills and post operatively across the department to provide positive patient outcomes.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Establish, maintain, and monitor a sterile field in a clean and safe environment within the operating room for each patient.
- Maintain appropriate surgical attire utilizing Universal Precautions Policy for personal protective equipment for self and other team members.
- Prepare surgical cases by obtaining appropriate sterilization and instrumentation, knowledge of equipment sterilization procedures, and obtaining equipment in a timely fashion prior to procedure.
- Assist in distribution of specimens and countable items, and anticipate needs of the surgical team appropriately as the situation arises with flexibility.
- Participate in services and educational offerings, and offer assistance in a particular skill to enhance self and team members in unfamiliar areas of knowledge and skills.
- Circulate with RN to assist the operating room team in the care and handling of professional supplies and equipment in both normal and emergency situations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Surgical Technician Certification through an approved military, academic or hospital-based program required. Massachusetts Department of Public Health standards introduced by statute in 2013 require surgical technologists hired after July 1, 2013 to maintain a certified surgical technologist credential. All Surgical Techs hired by SPHS prior to July 1, 2013 will be grandfathered.
- One (1) year experience in an acute care hospital.
- CPR Certification.
- Requires working with equipment or performing procedures where carelessness would probably result in minor cuts, bruises or muscle pulls.
- Regular and routine exposure to occupational hazards or contagious disease which requires Universal Precautions.
- Requires standing up to several hours at a time on an hourly basis and ability to reach and grasp objects.
- Reports to Clinical Nurse Supervisor or Coordinator in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Has no responsibility for leading or supervising the work of other employees.
Job Number: 00123579
Location: Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center
Facility: SPMA - Mercy Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift