Trinity Health Supervisor Switchboard/Telecom 40hrs 1st shift days in Springfield, Massachusetts
Ensures effective control and dissemination of calls and other information through the hospital switchboard. Responsible for the direct supervision of the telecommunication operators. Provides administrative support, maintenance and development of telecommunications systems. Researches and leads implementation of new telecommunications technologies. Monitors trends and makes recommendations to improve business processes related to communication performance. Analyzes call reports, and makes recommendations to leadership on opportunity areas and potential issues. Serves as a technical report resource for communications staff. Assists with the implementation of new technologies. Prepares, documents, and tests business continuity plans.
- Plans and directs activities of subordinate personnel engaged in relaying incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Develops, recommends and, upon approval, implements, administers and monitors adherence to policies and procedures related to the Switchboard.
- Interviews, hires, and oversees the orientation and training of subordinate personnel and, when necessary, disciplines and discharges same. Conducts performance appraisals on subordinate personnel as appropriate.
- Maintains instruction and procedure manuals governing switchboard operation and ensures adherence to same.
- Processes, records and audits all incoming invoices for communications vendors for SPHS organizations.
- Assists subordinate personnel with sensitive and/or complex work-related problems, resolving complaints and responding to less routine inquiries from visitors, employees, or staff.
- Ensures subordinates remain current on hospital alarm codes and established emergency procedures.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with other hospital departments in order to gather and exchange information, resolve problems and ensure communications systems operate efficiently.
- Participates in Emergency Preparedness meetings, drills, and exercises.
- Instructs and trains subordinates and customers on operation of communications equipment to ensure user knowledge of systems.
- Provides technical & customer support for pagers used by SPHS staff.
- Provides system administration, training, continued support and device management for Vocera Communications. Provides on-site support for reporting technical issues to the appropriate support organization. Collaborates with Vocera Technical Support and the IT department to resolve technical issues.
- Manages and maintains the PSALI database. Troubleshoots and tests the E911 system, keeping up-to-date and accurate records of all moves, changes and adds throughout SPHS of all phone lines.
- Maintains ongoing development of system directory for SPHS.
- Identifies requirements and functional needs of the switchboard for the routing, prioritizing, escalation, and reporting of calls in the contact centers. Plans, develops, and implements call center applications and processes to meet the business objectives. Responsible for the development of contact center strategies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: 1. Work requires the level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of two (2) to three (3) years of occupationally specific education beyond high school or an Associate’s degree in Telecommunications or closely related field, and two (2) to three (3) years of previously and progressively more responsible work related experience. 2. Work requires advanced computer skills including all of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook). Work requires familiarity with database building, SQL databases, and Access. 3. Experience in analyzing performance statistics, identifying trends, producing management reports required. 4. Work requires strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills necessary to resolve day-to-day problems related to the supervision of employees and resolve technical or administrative problems requiring advanced technical training in a specific discipline or extensive experience based knowledge. 5. Work requires the ability to assign, distribute, and follow up on the work of other employees within unit or department; provide input and actively participate in the performance appraisals for assigned employees; and enforce unit / department work rules and policies. 6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to effectively/efficiently follow up and resolve issues, create training materials, newsletters, and system-wide communications.
WORKING CONDITIONS: 1. Requires working in a normal office where there are relatively few physical discomforts due to dust, dirt, noise, and the like.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: 1. Reports to the Manager of Telecommunications & BioMed Services. 2. Is responsible for supervising up to 25 employees.
Job Number: 00118279
Location: Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center
Facility: SPMA - Mercy Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift