Trinity Health HOT Team - Surgical Services - 40 hours FLEX in Springfield, Massachusetts
This position flexes between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Performs various duties related to patient assistance, patient transportation and the cleaning of the operating rooms and general surgical area. Provides direct patient care to all ages of patients. Assists throughout the department to provide positive patient outcomes. This is a 40 hour FLEX position.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:* *
- Cleans and sanitizes all operating rooms, ancillary rooms, and offices within specified areas.
- Assists OR personnel with the preparation of equipment as needed on a daily basis.
- Assists OR personnel with positioning of patients on the operating table as needed.
- Transports patients in a safe and courteous manner.
- Performs major cleaning within the department including walls, windows, high areas, corridors, and floors as instructed.
- Assures patient safety through proper identification process, appropriate directions and assistance when necessary. Models techniques and is knowledgeable regarding hospital policies, i.e., patient identification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge normally acquired through receipt of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Requires up-to-date CPR Certification.
- Experience in surgery as an orderly or transportation aid.
- Requires working with equipment weighing up to 40 pounds or performing procedures where carelessness would probably result in minor cuts, bruises or muscle pulls.
- Requires regular and routine exposure to occupational hazards or contagious disease, which requires use of Universal Precautions.
- Requires ability to reach and grasp objects and ability to hear.
- Requires considerable physical effort on a consistent basis as in lifting, pulling or pushing an unyielding load (heavy, bulky, awkward, more than forty (40) pounds. Requires exposure to blood and various body fluids, which requires caution and use of established safety guidelines and equipment using Universal Precautions.
*REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: *
- Reports to the Lead Hot Team Member, Clinical Nurse Specialist or designee.
- Has no responsibility for leading or supervising the work of other employees.
Job Number: 00074069
Location: Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center
Facility: SPMA - Mercy Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift